Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting Discovered...?

Ok, I%26#039;ve seen other questions like this but I think I%26#039;m safe to ask it in MY own: Does searching for Acting/Dancing Agents in the yellow pages(phone book) in your city or a city near you any good? I mean I know Shia LaBeouf was discovered that way, but he lived in Cali.





I live in Cleveland, OH and the only place I could think of calling for Agents, Dancing or Acting, is Columbus and Cincinnati. And if I do I have to %26quot;get out there%26quot; and display what I can do...how would I push myself to do it because I%26#039;m on the shy side....Well Youtube help at all?





I need help...Seriously, from someone who can help and answer most of what I%26#039;ve asked above %26gt;.%26lt; Lol please and thanks!
Getting Discovered...?
Well - what CAN you do? If you are too shy to %26quot;get out there%26quot; - then why are you asking about finding an agent? For what purpose? As a performing arts teacher for over 30 years (yup, that%26#039;s my Lifetime Achievement Award hanging%26#039; there on the wall . . ) I would strongly advise you to get SOMETHING together - take classes, work up some monologues, get into productions that display what you can do. It sounds like your agent search is premature - from what you have WRITTEN. Could be you are a monster talent - but you only write about insecurity and shyness. I would not pursue anyone from the Yellow Pages - you need to make contacts WITHIN the business.
Getting Discovered...?
Definitely put some examples of what you could do on youtube, it will help quite a bit if you put a way to contact you.
Reply:If you are on the %26quot;shy side%26quot; then what in the world are you doing in PERFORMING ARTS... when the emphasis is on the word PERFORMING... and even if you COULD get hired from an youtube demo... WHICH YOU CAN%26#039;T AND WON%26#039;T... then how would you PERFORM in front of an audience?





Just because your mother tells you what a great dancer you are, or you have some image of how well you can dance while jumping around in your basement... doesn%26#039;t mean you can cut it in a dog eat dog field like performing arts.





It today%26#039;s PERFORMING ARTS WORLD.. you have to be GOOD... and that means hours and hours of practice and using a TEACHER or a COACH...





Being cute can get you an audition... but after that IT TAKES TALENT if you want to last more than 10 seconds before you hear %26quot;THANK YOU..... NEXT%26quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment